Our mussels are sourced from either Kinkawooka or Spring bay and come packaged in 1KG bags. Cook these at home with your favourite recipe or use ours!
The pack comes with enough herbs, butter & white wine to make this dish at home (serves 1)
1 kg mussels
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 French shallots, sliced
1/4 leek, sliced
1 bay leaves
1/4 bunch thyme, leaves picked
65 ml white wine
chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
pepper, to season
- Clean mussels under running water, scrubbing off any dirt or seaweed and removing beards.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the garlic, shallot, leek, bay leaves and thyme. Cook for 6–7 minutes or until vegetables are translucent.
- Add the mussels and the wine, cover and increase heat to high. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3–5 minutes or until the mussels have just opened.
- Discard any unopened mussels. Transfer mussels to serving dishes and pour over the liquid. Garnish with the parsley.
- Season with pepper, if you like, but never with salt – the mussels will be salty enough. Serve.